I am going through a phase. *Correction. A nasty phase.
Deep down, I know that insecurity is not going to get me anywhere. I know this could possible ruin relationships. But even with this realisation, I still continue to carry on with this habit of mine.
I completely despise myself, when I bind myself with this emotion. I spend hours reassuring my heart that I ain’t gonna loose anything or anyone which truly belongs to me. Yet, there is this emotional war which takes place inside my head , weighing all my good qualities and bad qualities.
Although , it is quite common to feel possessive over a person you love , I feel I take it to a whole new level. As much as I respect freedom in a relationship, I get too scared about the possibilities of loosing them to someone else. My insecurities engulf me and drop me into a tornado of emotions, and I DON’T LIKE IT.
Lately, I have been finding ways to fight my insecurity and I felt the need to share it with you all , as I know that there are many more souls out there who struggle with insecurity just like me (if not more).
- Music. It always helps.
- Remind yourself that you are the best. You may not be perfect, but you will always be you, and trust me being ‘you’ is the best thing you could be.
- Start loving yourself. In this world where materialistic love is drowning people, the best love you could get is the one from within yourself.
- Remember that bucket list you made? Start working towards fulfilling some of those wishes.
- Vent it out. Talk about your feelings to someone, or write it down on a piece of paper (Or you could just make a blog post, like I did.). Once you do this, you will feel so much more relieved than you were before.
- Sleep. This one is quite hard, especially with the World War III taking place inside your head. But, sleep has got to be the best therapy I have ever come across.
Insecurity is an ugly thing and all I can do is hope and try my best to come out of this phase.
I AM FREAKING AMAZING AND I AM SO DONE WITH INSECURITY.
From the not so-